Thursday, June 2, 2011

Festival

I'm so nervous! Today is my very first soap event. A 'soapie' friend sent me her check list and I gathered up most things on it. Things I wouldn't even think of taking but should have with me. Thank you Aubrey!

Today and tomorrow the Festival runs from 5pm - 9pm so it's not that long. Saturday noon - 11pm and Sunday noon - 9pm. I have about 30 different types of soaps; most are bath size packaged with cigar band, label and organza bag, others are ovals with just labels and then I made little soap balls. I will be taking most of my crocheted items with me also. The weather will be great the entire 4 days, I was afraid it might rain or be chilly.

This is the first time in 22 years (ouch!) that I will be working outside of the house and the first time ever I'm working on my own. I've always worked for someone else. So this is a big time in my life! My youngest will be helping me today and probably tomorrow. My oldest said she would come after work, then Saturday and Sunday I don't know. I'm hoping to sell at least something. I keep thinking what if I sell everything! That would be great! But I don't want to get my hopes up too much, reaching for the stars is fine but the let down hurts much more that if you just reach for the tree tops! This will definitely be a learning experience for me, in more ways than one. I will hand out business cards and brochures with all my info. Hopefully that way I'll start getting the word out and more people will visit my website and blog.

I need to get a few display baskets before this evening. Then I'll start packing everything in the jeep except for the boxes of soap, they shouldn't be in the heat. I'll be double checking Aubrey's list to make sure I have everything I'll be needing.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment